August 30, 2020
Technical Project Management (m/f/d)
For our sea rescue vessel RISE ABOVE, we have a vacancy for the position of technical project manager starting 01.10.2022
The position includes the following duties:
• Overall responsibility for the safe operation of all technical equipment on board RISE ABOVE
• Planning and organization of shipyard activities as well as dry dock
• Project management for all technical installation and modification activities on board RISE ABOVE
• Coordination of a team of 2 – 4 colleagues
• On-site guidance of approx. 5 – 15 volunteers
• Communication with external companies and shipyards
• Research and procurement of materials and services
• Tracking of project finances
• Coordination with the LIFELINE board and the management
In order to be able to carry out active sea rescue with our ship RISE ABOVE, a lot of maintenance work, service schedules, and also modifications to the ship are necessary from time to time. We rely on a small team of about four technicians, supported by a crew of experienced volunteers. Clear, solution-oriented communication as well as the management of the technical teams are your main tasks in addition to the planning and allocation of the upcoming work.
Besides that, you shall bring these skills with you:
• Technical education / studies or high level of technical understanding
• Experience in handling ships is preferable
• Ability to quickly familiarize oneself with new (technical as well as organizational) problem areas
• Structured approach to work and ability to set realistic timelines
• Confidence in resolving interpersonal conflicts within teams or crews
• Joy of working with volunteers
• High commitment to civilian rescue at sea
• High and spontaneous readiness to travel as well as regular presence in the office in Dresden
Professional written communication with third party companies
Part of the work takes place from our office in Dresden, another at the ship’s location, as well as remotely in the home office. These times are planned in advance and coordinated with the ship’s operation. An intensive training, as well as a constant consultation by the former technical manager of RISE ABOVE are guaranteed by us.
The compensation of the job is about 1500€ net per month on the basis of a 30h / week.
We look forward to receiving your application at: email@example.com
Menschen auf der Flucht brauchen Solidarität.
Als Fördermitglied könnt Ihr uns dauerhaft unterstützen.